Self Development Ideas For You

My goal is to help others in their personal journey on the road to self development, by providing information, ideas, articles, anything that may be of help to you and your famil; anything that I've found that might be helpful.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Books:

Book Title: 'imperfectly natural woman'
Author: Janey Lee Grace
Publishers: Crown House Publishing Limited

I recently purchased this book by Janey Lee Grace, British Radio and TV presenter. You may know of her in recent years, as co-host of the Steve Wright Show on BBC Radio 2 Monday to Friday 2 pm to 5 pm or her own early morning programme on Saturdays.

I've found it very interesting, albeit a little wordy at times, but if you know Janey Lee Grace, this does not detract from her communication style. The book provides some simple, comon sense measures to use if one has ever thought of changing from using some of the heavily processed or chemically created, commercially marketed goods, to using more natural sources for skin care, food, house cleaning and general health, etc.

I certainly recomment it. For me it was good to be reminded of the things that are most important in life - my health, peace of mind, happiness and family - in the an age where we can be distracted to focus on material and commercial things. Janey takes a realistic approach to this going 'natural' issue and helps to address our modern day condition.

I found it personally helpful for providing addresses and websites that I can use to purchase natural sources of foods, creams and health care products. Some of which I remember hearing about and even using as a child. My elders (grand-parents) used several of these items, for example coconut oil for skin and cooking; and lemon juice for cleaning. I have previously considered what I could do to get quality natural ingredients for some of the foods we eat, the substances I use for cleaning our home and the like. This book provides a wealth of information for this along with Janey's other very valuable thoughts and ideas. It is also encouraging to appreciate that one can be religious and naturally focused as well - without a song and dance.

And finially, I think this book would make a good reference tool - something to go back to frequently. I've put so many book marks in mine, that I could not possibly lend it to anyone.

Excellent reference book.